返回列表 發帖
本帖最後由 bubblestar 於 2010-8-9 00:03 編輯

It surprises me that the latest USB pendrives are not bootable.  Most usb keys like imation, sandisk, TDK, Transend, you name it, can do.

The following, at least but not last, is Recommended USB Flash Pen Drives for Portable Linux installation that you can use.

You may also use and download HP USB Format tool to make the USB Flash Drive bootable and restore to its original state.

USB Tools and Help

Actually, all the above can be found in the site http://www.pendrivelinux.com/ which I highly recommend to those interested parties. The site is updated almost every day.  Please visit frequently.

It is REQUIRED that your flash drive contain a formatted partition! Some flash drives ship formatted "superfloppy" (without a partition table). Those drives will need to be reformatted to use a partition, so they can be detected by BIOS as a Hard Drive. If you are not presented with a Boot Menu as pictured above, or the menu is found at (fd0) instead of (hd0,0) the problem is likely that you are trying to boot the flash drive as a superfloppy. You should reformat your flash drive using one of the methods listed HERE, then reinstall MultiBootISOs, and attempt to boot using the USB-HDD or USB-ZIP BIOS option or see if the drive shows up as a selectable hard disk in your Boot Menu.

I rarely use fdisk partition software.  Actually, HP formatting tool is quite enough.  Sometimes, I even do not need this tool and the flash drive can be recognized by BIOS.  

The point is that we have to make sure the newly bought flash drive is not a "superfloppy".  If it is the case, we just use the HP formatting tool as advised to make this workout.  Windows formatting tool is not the best choice, in fact.

是什麼 USB TOOL 呢? 可以分享一下嗎? 是否在說 Pendrivelinux 的 Multiboot 那一個呢? 它確實是非常實用。

Pendrivelinux  都有圖文教學

真的很簡單, click 幾 click OK

返回列表