返回列表 發帖

無法進入 IP01

昨天至今都無法進入IP01的GUI 版面。

嘗試按機後的小按鈕但沒有反應。可以PING到它,也可以用PUTYY進入,但就是WEB GUI沒法溝通。  Freeze~~~~~~~~~~~~

各位members,有無解凍辦法提供呢?  

应该是GUI的routine出了问题,怎样reset GUI可以要问ATCOM了。

角色

Is reboot working? 按鈕需要長時間,30 to 40 sec.

有需要的話,用serial console, issue the command "rm /persistent/.unpacked

http://www.openippbx.org/index.php?title=Reset_button

Thanks for the information.   I'd just pressed only 10-20 seconds to reboot.  Appareently, it was not long enough.   I'll try again.

But I can tell you that it is not always working in IP01. Serial console is more reliable.

本帖最後由 bubblestar 於 2010-8-17 15:23 編輯

As you said, I have rebooted by pressing the rear button on IP01 with no luck.  Will try serial console method as recommended.  However, I only have female-to-female serial cable on hand and cannot test right away.  

Unlike my another Cisco switch that coming with 9 pin  male serial port and female-to-female serial cable, the bare IP01 only provide female port.  The exisitng female-to-female serial cable become useless at this moment unless I get a male-female converter or cable.

Just out of curiosity, is it not an industry standard for IP01 to come with female serial port instead of male serial like Cisco??  I have no idea but just want to learn some little knowledge about that so I can pay attention when purchasing for future network devices.

Many thanks.

本帖最後由 bubblestar 於 2010-8-17 16:41 編輯

Thanks a lot for both ckleea's and YHFung's help and advice.

I have just managed to resume my IP01 system work via Putty using:

root:~> rm /persistent/.unpacked

root:~> reboot

All is done like a breeze. It makes me smile again.

The most possible reason that I experienced system frozen, (more precise description is GUI frozen) was that I clicked the "Apply changes" too fast, much faster than the system reloading process without waiting its completion and I continued to give another click command to try to get the server back.  I think this was my cause of death.

Don't  do it like me, my dear fellow telecom-cafe members.  I made myself a bad example.

I am going to try to flash switchfin firmware sometimes in the next few days. Hope it works and will report here. Of course, serial cable on hand to ensure no problem,

Bubblestar has provided me a great page

http://www.fredshack.com/docs/asterisk.html

Thank ckleea for sharing a very good source on Asterisk starting from distribution selection and to fine tuning the system. This wesite also indicates that we have to use Asterisk Programming Language instead of GUIs in order to have a better use of Asterisk. For details please read the website.

YH

Don't mention it.  Sharing is an essence in Internet world.

Frankly, that website is so lengthy in text but quite useful.  Those who want to explore into details must prepare spending some time on it.

Awaiting ckleea's report.

The website told me how to fix a permission error. You can see my report and picture in other thread. It is now 9:00 hours up time. I will try to build a better equipped firmware.

But always need a serial cable.

I believe the programe codes for the serial port is hard coded with the CPU such that no matter what the firmware that you applied, the serial codes are still there and would not change. However, using putty method via the ethernet sometimes may not help for some instances since this method is controlled by the firmware. If there are some problems in the ethernet connection, you are not able to enter system for system administration.

YH

A handy tool is puttytel, freeware to do serial console. Only problem in my desktop PC, serial port is still but now working. I have to move to other PC to do serial console.
You are right as long as boot firmware is untouched, you are safe to flash a new kernel.

返回列表