返回列表 發帖
No! The extension with tar.xz or txz.

YH

I am trying to compile the Switchfin which requires the coreutils of version 6.9 or above. However the version under yum is lower than that. Therefore I have to download it from the GNU site for hgher version. The downloaded file is in .tar.xz format. Ordinary tar program is not able to decompress the extension with tar.xz.

YH

So far have you found any problems in the new firmware?

YH

SSH:Slow Connection? How long does it take for the connection. After connected, is it slow for input and output again? Have you checked the SSH configuration in /etc/ssh/sshd_config, set "UseDNS no".

YH

In fact, this may be a merit of getting ride of being hacked because of slow response for each trial.

YH

Good news! It looks Switchfin is more aggressive!

YH

Does IP01 have any log which shows any attacks from outside?

YH

其实我们可能把IP-01当成学习工具,特别network programming,SIP programming等等。

角色

Just talked to bubblestar about the use of IP-01 as a learning tool for learning embedded network programming, router, firewall, SIP/IAX programming.

Since we have a standard and reference hardware and source code, we may start the discussion of how a particular piece of code works and what the network standards behind, etc.

YH

我的IP-01终于搞定,我先从v373-ast14.uImage-md5 upgrade。

最初还以为用serial cable去upgrade,原来是旧版本才用,我们现在都是新版本,所以要用web UI去upgrade,而serial的作用是检测IP-01在进行什么活动。

在serial里的console,我什么都没有修改过,只是看。在安装过程中,在console在显示很多信息,如果没有console,真不知道IP-01的switchfin的IP是从router自动派的,而不是192.168.1.100。我是进入IP-01,然后issue ifconfig才知道。

0012.gif

角色

回復 264# ckleea

As far as you know, which version is more stable for working with. I know that we have to start the lower one for switching from ATCOM firmware to Switchfin firmware. Afterwards we may upgrade higher version right?

YH

CK I have a question. If I upgrade a buggy firmware and the web-gui does not work anymore, how can we inject another workable firmware in md5 format via the serial port?

I know that I am late for raising this kind of stupid question.

YH

回復 268# ckleea

CK, thanks for your advice. In the course of installation, especially the switching from ATCOM firmware to Switchfin firmware, there are lots of file downloads from outside which take almost 5 minitues to complete. If a user does not have a serial console, he does not know IP01 is still processing loading and installing packages. He just saw the download completed and started to login in the web-gui. The failures may mainly due to the followings:

1) IP-01 has not completed the installation process (user may not know when the installation is completed without the help of the serial console)

2) The initial ip is given by DHCP rather than the usual one 192.168.1.100.

YH

回復 268# ckleea

Is there any firmware in ext2 format available from Switchfin?

YH

If u-boot is crashed, is there any means to recover it? I believe we have to open the ip-01 and locate the place for putting the JTAG. Is there any information about it?

YH

返回列表