返回列表 發帖
Also check if you can reach login screen?  If you can, issue the following comands after login as root/uCLinux

chmod +x /persistent/etc/init.d/dahdi
chmod +x /persistent/etc/init.d/vlan

/persistent/etc/init.d/dahdi disable
/persistent/etc/init.d/vlan disable

rm /persistent/etc/rc.d/S55vlan

/persistent/etc/init.d/dahdi enable
/persistent/etc/init.d/vlan enable
ls -al /etc/rc.d/

sync
reboot

Your reference is here
http://www.fredshack.com/docs/atcom_ip01.html
No worry.

回復 135# ckleea

Unfortunately, no boot message is shown.  When I hit enter, only IP04> appears.

When I press the back reset button, it show the following messages.

putty_ip01.png

You must have upload the firmware wrongly. Still no worry. Try to hit the return within the 3 seconds.

Follow the instruction to restore ATCOM IP01 firmware first. ext2 file remember.

Follow the instructions in page 7 and 8 of this file

http://www.atcom.cn/downloads/IP ... 20Guide-V1.0-EN.pdf

If you are not ok,  give your IP01 to me. I can help.

I have another restore instruction. This is the same.

Thanks a million! CK,

Your information is very useful and I get my familiar IP01 Web GUI back in front of me.

It never rains but it pours!  When I started rolling up my sleeves to figure out how to restore my IP01 to its original state.  Putty was on strike tonight!! It suddenly did not connect me to IP01 through RS232.  

Fortunately, I put Hyperterminal under my bed long time ago. It saves me in time and put me through to IP01 seamlessly.  Of course, your instruction and manual are quite informative that enlighten me through the restoration process.

Speaking of switchfin firmware upgrade, I search its official site and found that I am not the only one encounter such problem.

Finally, Please accept my heartfelt thanks! CK.

Salute!

本帖最後由 ckleea 於 2010-11-3 05:36 編輯

回復 140# bubblestar

Glad to hear you are ok.
One more tool you need. You may download the puttytel which is a freeware. Same as hyperterminal.

Read this again.

http://www.fredshack.com/docs/atcom_ip01.html

If you wish to carry on the trial, you can put the md5 image into /persistent/imageupdate directory, reboot use the RS232 console to look at the boot process. You may also need to manually restart the vland dahdi service as I describe.

Once you see the 3 green lights are one, your IP01 is correctly booted. Remember that the network IP address may not be the one you want.

Whew!  I think I have to read the guidance again from the website you advised first before next trial.  I heard Puttytel but did not use before.  Will try out this tool  as well.

BTW, do you have any idea about the md5 image file size limit for IP01?  I ask as I don't know whether IP01 can really accommodate such a large file that I compiled which is 8.12 MB.   I know that ATCOM's latest firmware is just 6.25 MB.  Is my file too large?  That might help me to find out the clue or the culprit of the failure yesterday.

Thanks

本帖最後由 ckleea 於 2010-11-3 10:48 編輯

回復 142# bubblestar

Puttytel is just a variant of putty. It also does serial port communication. For example, my USB RS232 dongle uses COM10.

Size is different a lot. Switchfin has included a lot more packages. Better cron jobs and fax support by default.

SO if you reflash the firmware by ext2 file, you must follow the guide from atcom and use original atcom firmware. Once you are back, you can use the Atcom gui to upload the new firmware. Almost all the firmware I compiled are between 8.2 to 8.6 MB. It will close to the maximum size allowed. The compiled error you encountered in the first instance was the too big size problem I believe.

There are few more things to note
1. the firmware default not enable log so it saves some space
2. if you enable g729, it will download quite a number of g729 files from asterisk site. It takes some times.
3. network ip issues I mentioned

Thanks for sharing the tips, technique and experience with me.  I will keep an eye on these in my next trial.

Thanks for sending me of the compiled switchfin firmware.  I put in in /persistent/imageupdate as advised with the following result.

HT_IP01.png

Still cannot access and ping the device after upgrade.

I think I have to pass the IP01 to you and please do me a favor when you are free.

本帖最後由 ckleea 於 2010-11-3 23:09 編輯

回復 145# bubblestar
Don't know why.
Please get back to the ATCOM firmware. I will do the remaining for you.

Thank you.

I've already become an expert for restoration of ATCOM firmware.  Just did it.

Thanks for ckleea's help to upgrade my ATCOM IP01 to Switchfin.  I have finished setting all basic functions including PSTN and it is running smoothly now.  Will explore other additional features that ATCOM lacks.

唔該晒 CK

很久沒有更新,仲係svn 438!

回復 148# bubblestar

How is your new IP01? Working very well. Do you encounter any problem?

返回列表