返回列表 發帖

VLAN in IP01

從Switchfin forum 來,分享給大家

Using the vlan option will allow you to separate the voice and data traffic. With Switchfin the IP0x can operate on a separate ip address for GUI connection and management but the actual VoIP connections and RTP voice packets can operate in their own ip address space. For example; the IP0x can be GUI managed at 192.168.1.101 but the vlan setup allows you to establish a vlan id of 25 and operate all the voice in it's own network with the IP0x at 192.168.25.101. Please note this only separates the ip addressed packets. To be complete you still need to add quality of service measures with packet priority and make sure the voice packets take delivery priority over the non-voice packets in the LAN switches. You need better, fully managed, switches to be doing all this but there are a number of affordable small business switches available. Cisco has a great 8 port model is you need a small one. Bottom line is running both PC, Mac, Linux server and/or desktop LAN data on the same LAN, (flat LAN), with a telephony platform is not a good way to deploy VoIP as you will not guarantee the voice will not be broken up or disrupted by someone's youtube video. :-) Separate the data packets and place priority on them. Doing this will make sure your voice information is delivered the best it can to the end point devices. Google can give you most all you need to know. Start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_P802.1p Other comment; the ready to go Vlan function is one of the differences you will see in the Switchvoice product and Switchfin GUI you do not see in other Asterisk management packages. Asterisk is GREAT but Asterisk requires proper networking and management to be installed and operate with 100% reliability and high quality voice capabilities.

Thanks for the information update.

I have two managed switches and already set to separate voice packets from ordinary data.  Therefore, I don't know whether it is necessary to activate the vlan on IP01 to duplicate this features.  Also, my router has vlan function which I have not enabled yet.  

My perception is that among all these network devices, the activation of just one is enough.  If settings and handle improperly, it will be difficult to trace where the problem come from.

Despite of above, the vlan feature of Switchfin is surely an added value to those in need.

回復 2# bubblestar

I think the position for IP0x is for SOHO to SME (up to 20 users). From time to time, vlan + QoS functions will help but we need to consider our investment and setup.

Both of your switches are managed one. They are much more expensive than unmanaged switch.

返回列表