返回列表 發帖

DD-WRT and asterisk

Some how in the short coming future, we can find integration of asterisk 1.8 into dd-wrt router.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index ... B_with_Google_Voice

回復 1# ckleea

I've just ordered a Linksys E3000 (shipped, but not received yet) with the intention of running DD-WRT mega build, I originally thought the mega build has asterisk compiled in, however, just found out that is not the case. I looked at the page mentioned above, still nothing yet. Is the the link "Optware, the Right Way" mentioned in the page the best way to get started? anyone has experience running router embedded Asterisk? Any pointer for quick start guides?

Optware, the Right way is the easiest.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Optware%2C_the_Right_Way

But I recall the asterisk version is 1.4 and running is a bit slow in my WRT610N

Also please pay attention to the audio codes available, for instance G729 which is not available on DD-WRT platform I believe.

But Optware will give you a lot of fun in the course of implementing Asterisk server.

YH

回復 4# 角色

Yes, G729 is not available. I don't think Optware will add a lot for the router. One or two functions are ok but more than that will be hardware bottleneck.

I have tried asterisk on a DD-WRT router before. Works very well.

However, good thing about add a small footprint asterisk into the router is simplicity and integration.

本帖最後由 daibaan 於 2011-4-28 22:07 編輯

great, can't wait to have asterisk running on a router. Hope the installation process is not too difficult. But I still anticipate a steep learning curve for asterisk!

Should I play with Asterisk on a Linux box first?

DD-WRT is linux based so you will learn some.

Do you want to set up a linux based asterisk server?

What favour of linux you want to try? Asterisk Now is Centos /Red Hat based.
However, they have released debian/ubuntu asterisk files. I tried few days ago but not successful

DD-WRT is close to a debian favour

I have a CentOS box I can play with, so I am thinking that if I want to play with asterisk, it is no big deal to screw up a CentOS box, and after I made all the mistakes I can made on the CentOS box, and learn a few things, I will then move the config to DD-WRT, just don't want to have to screw up the router along the way

回復 3# ckleea

ckleea: do you know why DD-WRT K26 mega image no longer have asterisk complied in? (I know I can probably read through the 130 pages of DD-WRT K26 thread to find the answer, but I think I will try this shortcut first

回復 8# daibaan

If you have a CentOS box, you are advised to play it with the Asterisk, which can be downloaded from www.asterisk.org.

You will have a lot of fun later.

Whenever you have any problem, just raise them such that we may answer your questions.

YH

回復 9# daibaan

The built in asterisk within DD-wrt firmware is not working. You need to install working package. This is why go for Optware the right way.

Per my understanding, you can move your centos box asterisk config to the dd-wrt router but need to make modification before it can work.

You can follow some of my threads few months ago to install asterisk 1.8

回復 10# 角色

Thanks 角色 for your offer, I will be counting on it

回復 11# ckleea

ckleea: thanks for the head up and advise, will see how far I can go with CentOS, I don't have my E3000 yet, so I will start with CentOS for the time being

回復 13# daibaan

Do post up your problem on linux and asterisk installation. We can help.

ckleea a really a great helper in this area!

YH

返回列表